Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Little By Little

Working with my 3-year-old, I'm fighting the urge to break out the workbooks, and feed him all this information at once.  Going over letters and colors with him, I am reminded of the first days of kindergarten when the children's attention span does not exceed five minutes.



Imagine.  My son's not even old enough for kindergarten, and I'm expecting the world all in one day!  So, I have to tell myself to take a step back, and work with the amount of time he allows me to have.

A few alphabet letters, and we're done.  A short discussion on shapes, and it's time to play.  A brief stint with sponge painting, and it's snack time!

It's going to take some getting used to, but I take comfort in knowing he's at least retaining something.  And this way, no one gets frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment